||Annual General Meeting of The Irish Society/NCR.
Proposed Revision of the Irish Society's Constitution
The Society's proposed revised constitution, incorporating changes recommended over the past couple of years, was sent to all members of The Society in December for review and comment. This was followed by a general membership meeting held at St. Patrick's Basilica on January 14. Those in attendance recommended that the proposed revised constitution be presented to members for their approval at The Society's Annual General Meeting, scheduled for the last week of June.
2014 Annual General Meeting
The Society's next AGM is scheduled for the last week of June. For the past 10+ years, the AGM has been held at St. Patrick's Home on Riverside Drive. With the "new St. Pat's" having opened in January, and the demolition of the old facility scheduled for this Spring, the Board is considering whether to hold The Society's 2014 AGM at St. Pat's or at some other venue - possibly St. Patrick's Basilica. We would appreciate receiving input from members on this topic; please send your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org,or mail to: Past - President, the Irish Society/NCR, Box 5112, Ottawa, ON K2C 3H4.
2014 AGM - Nominations & Elections for Board of Directors
For the June 2014 AGM, The Society is seeking nominations for election to the 2014/15 Board of Directors, for the following positions:
- President, as incumbent Tracey Dixon will have completed her second two year term, and is not eligible for re - election as President.
- Vice - President, as incumbent Patrick Bateman was appointed by the Board subsequent to the 2013 AGM, as there were no nominees for the position at that time.
- Secretary, as the incumbent Evelyn Maloney will have completed her two year term; she is eligible for nomination, if she chooses.
- Director, as incumbent Gerry Doris has decided to leave the Board as of the June AGM.
- Seniors Drop-in Centre Representative, as incumbent Brian Markwick will have completed his two year term; he is eligible for nomination, if he chooses.
All members are urged to consider being nominated for the 2014/15 Board. If you are interested, or know of a member who you feel would consider being nominated, please contact any member of the current Board; their email addresses are listed here